Detoxification is an interesting, important topic, so I thought I’d tell you about 4 ways to increase your deep-tissue detoxification. Knowing how to detoxify your body helps you stay healthy!
From pesticides, pollution, plastics, fragrances and other sources, our bodies are bombarded by so many chemical toxins in our environment, we can’t possibly get rid of them all. Some of these end up incorporated into bodily tissue, where they can stay
How To Release Toxins From Your Body
Here are steps you can take to help your body release and repair from those toxins.
1. Add more fiber to your diet. Fiber binds to toxins and carries them out of the body. Twenty five grams per day is the recommended fiber level for women (38 for men). You can also use fiber supplements like psyllium seeds.
2. Get adequate exercise. Getting your blood pumping improves the movement of lymph though the lymphatic system. This helps lymph fluids circulate throughout the body, removing toxins and other harmful materials. Exercise helps reduce overall body fat, which helps the body release stored toxins.
3. Saunas assist the body’s adipose tissue in releasing toxins through a process called heat depuration. Infrared saunas are often recommended for two reasons: the temperature doesn’t get as high as air saunas, and the infrared rays penetrate deeper into the skin to better target fat tissues.
Try starting with 15-minute sessions, and be sure to stay properly hydrated. If you
have high blood pressure, check with your health practitioner before using a sauna.
4. Chelation is a process in which certain agents are used to rid the body of toxic chemicals and heavy metals. The chelation molecule has the ability to make these toxins soluble in blood, allowing them to be eliminated. Most of this is done under the
supervision of a health provider.
OK, I’ll throw in one more to the detoxification helper list.
Did you know that Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, found in flax and fish oil, have the ability to be incorporated into cellular membranes, improving cell function and assisting in detox?
See, those fatty acids and their benefits somehow sneak their way onto
almost every what’s-healthy-for-you list!
Learn more here about how to detoxify your body!
Detoxification and knowing how to detoxify your body is important, so give your body the help it needs by including these detox methods.
If you feel stuck and need additional support to adopt a new healthy habit or routine, consider working with me. We can partner up in setting goals, drawing on your skills and strengths, and implementing strategies to help you find your way to lasting healthy success.
- Is Intermittent Fasting For You?
- Beware of These 5 Mental Mistakes
- Five Ways to Unlock Your Fountain of Youth
- Why Sugar is Bad for Your Brain
For over 15 years, Shelli has been a freelance writer and wellness habit coach on Joyinmovement. She writes about brain fitness, creating a healthy lifestyle, traveling the world, and making positive habits stick. Stop procrastinating! Take action, join her free newsletter.
Comments are closed.