How would you like to drop weight and feel great? Do you think weight loss programs are the answer? Here are some tips for you. Do these things and you’ll drop weight and feel great! In fact, you’ll feel so great you’ll want to continue using these tips on an ongoing basis!
Do you use a commercial weight loss system?
I know some of you have at times joined those well known weight loss programs where you count points and sit in meetings once a week. I actually know those systems quite well because my aunt worked for one of them for 25 years!
However, when she worked for them it was well before they went into the prepared food business.
When readers and clients ask me what I think of those programs,
here’s how I respond.
Pros and Cons of Weight Loss Programs
I think the social support is important. If, and that’s a big IF, you get “lectures” from a leader who passes along useful information, that can help too.
However, many times I’ve seen diabetic issues actually get worse and blood pressure elevate in dieters using all the processed and prepared foods sold by these programs.
Before you spend all that money on the weight loss “systems,” here’s what you can do. Take these actions and weight loss results will follow.
1. Whatever is in your kitchen that’s processed, throw out. Fake foods like snacks, bars and meals that these systems sell are not whole foods. Don’t believe me? Please read the labels carefully and see for yourself.
2. Choose whole natural foods: lean proteins, raw nuts, healthy fats and PLENTY of fruits & vegetables. Monitor starchy carbs like grains, breads, and cereals. Remember, eating more starchy carbs than your body can use is what’s causing your extra weight to hang around.
3. Stick to these basics. Stop reading all the media nutritional advice that’s confusing and complicated. Until you have the basics in place, don’t sweat the small stuff.
The big picture is where it’s at. What you’re eating 80% of the time is what’s going to make the biggest difference in how you look and feel.
If you feel stuck and need additional support to adopt a new healthy habit or routine, consider working with me. We can partner up in setting goals, drawing on your skills and strengths, and implementing strategies to help you find your way to lasting healthy success.
- Is Intermittent Fasting For You?
- Beware of These 5 Mental Mistakes
- Five Ways to Unlock Your Fountain of Youth
- Why Sugar is Bad for Your Brain
For over 15 years, Shelli has been a freelance writer and wellness habit coach on Joyinmovement. She writes about brain fitness, creating a healthy lifestyle, traveling the world, and making positive habits stick. Stop procrastinating! Take action, join her free newsletter.
Comments are closed.