Brain Foods and Brain Health Nutrition
Eat with an eye for brain health!
These foods lead the way and provide plenty of options no matter what kind of diet you follow:
- Coconut oil
- Cold water fish
- Dark chocolate
- Dark leafy greens and cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, spinach
- Lamb (good source of both niacin and B12)
- Legumes such as beans and lentils
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts)
- Olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- Red berries
- Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash and carrots
Let’s talk about coffee because I’m thinking you might be wondering if it should be on this list of brain healthy foods.
There are 5 proven brain benefits to drinking coffee:
1. Coffee (3 cups maximum) may slow the progress of Alzheimer’s.
2. Living longer. Women who drink coffee live longer. Studies show 13% longer.
3. Coffee reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s.
4. Coffee may stave off dementia.
5. Coffee is one of the best sources of neuroprotective antioxidants.
Pro tip: Water is essential for brain and body health, so drink up!
Here’s an easy BRAIN Smoothie you can start your day with:
Blend water, green leafy veggies, blueberries, avocado, coconut oil, and raw cacao. Enjoy!