How’s the year been for you so far? Is it off to a great start? You have all these things you want to accomplish in the New Year, right? You’re done setting goals.
Eat better or exercise more.
Do something about all the stress you feel.
The Best Way to Set Goals
You have so many things on the list that you can’t start them ALL right away. So you decide to wait until February to really take action.
Then something comes up in February and you put it off until March. You know how it goes.
So at the end of the year you have not accomplished your goals.
Are you ready to change that? Going forward are you ready to actually ACHIEVE your goals ?
Here’s what I’d like you to do:
1) Start a new Word document on your computer.
2) Title it “Goals for the year.”
3) Write down your top 10 goals.
4) Then reorder them according to importance.
5) Then take the last 8 off the list.
6) Then write a list of EXACTLY what you need to do to achieve each of those TWO goals.
7) Write down EXACTLY how much time per week you are willing to commit to achieving your goal.
8) Write down EXACTLY how much money per month you are willing to invest to achieve your goal. Include both the money you are willing to invest materially, meaning to actually do the goal, and the money you are willing to invest in training.
For example, if your goal is to lose 50 pounds, you probably can’t do it all by yourself. You’ll likely need a coach or a support group. So write down the money you
are willing to invest per month for a coach or a support group.
9) Write down EXACTLY what it will mean for you personally if you achieve this goal. Staying with the previous example of losing 50 pounds, what will that really mean if you lose the 50 pounds? Would it mean you’d fit into your clothes better, be more attractive, feel better about yourself?
10) Then write a list of anything you don’t know how to do or what you think is holding you back from achieving that goal.
11) Then commit to begin NOW, starting today to focus on your goal.
It may not seem easy, yet these steps do simplify the process and get you started. I look forward to hearing from you……so get started on step #1 RIGHT NOW!
If you feel stuck and need additional support to adopt a new healthy habit or routine, consider working with me. We can partner up in setting goals, drawing on your skills and strengths, and implementing strategies to help you find your way to lasting healthy success.
- Is Intermittent Fasting For You?
- Beware of These 5 Mental Mistakes
- Five Ways to Unlock Your Fountain of Youth
- Why Sugar is Bad for Your Brain
For over 15 years, Shelli has been a freelance writer and wellness habit coach on Joyinmovement. She writes about brain fitness, creating a healthy lifestyle, traveling the world, and making positive habits stick. Stop procrastinating! Take action, join her free newsletter.