Wouldn’t you love to have energy on demand? Particularly in winter time when we often lack both physical and mental energy? It’s simple to boost your energy when you know how.
Four Tips to Boost Your Energy
Here are four energy-on-demand tips that will work in only a few
1. Yawning. Yawning activates neurochemicals such as acetylcholine and oxytocin. They increase mental alertness and calm stress. When you practice this, yawn in sequence. Yawn 10-15 times with a short pause between each yawn.
2. Rhythmic activity. Moving your body to a steady tempo, as it does while you’re walking or dancing, results in calm energy.
These forms of movement cause us to unconsciously breathe in a way that puts the brain in a meditative state. Ten minutes a day will do it.
3. Tap these acupressure points. Tapping can instantly free up Qi (mental energy). Use the tips of your index, middle and ring lingers. Firmly tap each of the following points for 30 seconds: the inner edge of your left eyebrow, the semicircle under your left eye and the spot just below the inner tip of your left collarbone.
4. Enjoy this smiling meditation. The act of smiling, even if your heart’s not in it, reinforces the brain circuits that keep your outlook positive. First thing in the morning, in bed, try smiling and see how that feels. The idea is to create a “feel good” setting that your brain can revisit.
If you feel stuck and need additional support to adopt a new healthy habit or routine, consider working with me. We can partner up in setting goals, drawing on your skills and strengths, and implementing strategies to help you find your way to lasting healthy success.
- Is Intermittent Fasting For You?
- Beware of These 5 Mental Mistakes
- Five Ways to Unlock Your Fountain of Youth
- Why Sugar is Bad for Your Brain
For over 15 years, Shelli has been a freelance writer and wellness habit coach on Joyinmovement. She writes about brain fitness, creating a healthy lifestyle, traveling the world, and making positive habits stick. Stop procrastinating! Take action, join her free newsletter.