Hello friends, and welcome to this month’s Joyinmovement newsletter…….Part 2.
As I mentioned yesterday, September is my birthday month, and I’m doing something REALLY different this month. Something I’ve never done before. Something very personal!
In Part 1 of this month’s letter, I wrote a philosophical piece and shared with you one of my favorite poems by Pablo Neruda.
Today, I am reintroducing you to my two websites (I’ve spruced them up and made lots of changes) and I’ll also share with you just how I create income from them.
If you have an online presence like I’ve had since 2006, every few years your websites need a spring cleaning and sprucing up. This takes A LOT of time and focus and I’m so thrilled to say that I’ve given both www.shellistein.com and www.activemenopauselifestyle.com the sprucing up they deserve, and added a lot of fun stuff for you to enjoy and utilize.
First of all they’re both now responsive sites, which means no matter what kind of device you view them on, they’ll look good!
Let’s talk specifically about www.shellistein.com first.
1. I’ve added videos (and will add more as time goes on) to the Z-health page. If you’ve never looked at these, please do. The neural warm-up in the second video is what I do EVERY day first thing in the morning. EVERY day, no exceptions!
2. I’ve written and created a new page with articles on running, Z-Health, and training. There’s a ton of good information here.
3. Technology is a wonderful tool. The request I’ve gotten most often, since I coach people from all over the world, is to offer Skype sessions. You asked…..and I listened. Here’s the new Skype Coaching Menu!
4. I’ve organized the products and people I recommend, so they’re easy to find.
5. I’ve started co-hosting a Podcast and we’ll be reviewing books! We’re about to post the first one, and I’ll be writing more about this project very soon!
My Other Website: www.activemenopauselifestyle.com
I realize that many of you might not even know this website exists, and that’s not a good thing! I’ve had this website since April 2011 and it’s still going strong.
1. I write the Monday Morning Motivational Minute newsletter EVERY week on all sorts of health, fitness, stress management, and wellness topics. It’s free and you can sign up for it here.
2. I’ve written two ebooks. One focuses on how to live a healthy lifestyle during the menopausal years (which I actually think is a good resource no matter what age you are), and the other is about hormonal health. Both ebooks were just updated, too. No topic is more important to understand than hormonal health. Hormone health is the future of wellness! You can look at my ebooks here.
Now to the question of how I earn a living from my websites. Actually, there are many different ways. I like transparency about who someone is and what they do when someone has an online presence, and you probably do too, so that’s why I thought I’d share this with you.
1. Besides the face to face coaching, teaching, and workshops I conduct, I also have online clients I work with. If you’re not sure how that works, you can read about it here. That’s also why I added the Skype Coaching Menu I mentioned before.
2. I recommend and sell a variety of Healthy Living Products and Books. If you use one of my links to purchase these products, I receive an affiliate fee. If you know me at all, you’ll know I’m VERY selective about what I recommend. I use the products or I wouldn’t recommend them.
3. I also have an Amazon link on my site. If you click on my link and then shop at Amazon, I receive an affiliate commission. Many of you are already doing this and I am so grateful that you support the work I do by shopping at Amazon using the Joyinmovement link.
4. I recommend products that others have created, like the Z-Health line of products. I’ll be talking about this more in the future and letting you know which programs I think are worth your time and attention. I also partner with other professionals who share my interests and we create online products together.
Thank you for reading the philosophical side of Shelli as well as letting me share with you the excitement and joy I feel from infusing both of my sites with new, revitalized energy. Even after all these years I’m still as passionate as ever about us all living a life we enjoy, in the healthiest and most playful ways possible.
P.S. Don’t miss the last few months of the year Joyinmovement newsletters. I’ve got great topics to share with you such as fasting, and what travel means to me and how I’m able to travel so much!