Hello friends, and welcome to this month’s newsletter.
In continuing along with our 2021 theme of personal development, I’ve got two topics to share with you, so let’s get started!
Do you ever wonder how your posture influences your health? I say HOW and not IF because there’s no doubt about it, posture influences so many aspects of your life. You must understand that the benefits of good posture go way beyond just aesthetics and looking good.
Good posture has functional and neurological benefits as well. And even though you may have heard otherwise, I’m here to tell you that you can combat and even reverse the results of accumulated postural compensations you have from life and work.
Watch this video and learn the EASY steps to your BEST posture!
It makes me sad to see so many people with poor posture. It is so common, and it’s not just from all the hunched over technology time. Here’s a great article that goes over not only WHY poor posture is something to correct but the keys to improving posture.
Make sure you read it and then send it along to someone whose posture you’ve noticed needs improving!
Eight Tips for a Stronger Immune System
It’s really a silly question if I ask you if you want to strengthen your immune system. Of course you do! But what if I asked you the best ways to do that? You might know and you might not, so let’s go over some basics.
1. Focus on whole foods and key nutrients. This strengthens your ability to fight infections. Focus on protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids.
2. Achieve and maintain a healthy body fat level.
3. Support gut health. Eat foods with pre and probiotics, such as bananas, yogurt, and sauerkraut.
4. Move your body. And find JOY in movement 🙂 The long-term health effects of exercise cannot be overstated.
5. Moderate your alcohol intake. Heavy drinking jeopardizes your health, so keep your drinking light to moderate.
6. Sleep well. Get 7-9 quality hours. If you don’t know what great sleep hygiene entails, email and let me know and I’ll go over it with you.
7. Balance your stress load. It’s unrealistic to eliminate stress, so that’s not the goal. Prioritize down time and activities such as meditation, spending time in nature, taking a walk, or laughing with a friend.
8. Remember hygiene fundamentals. If you weren’t already someone who washed their hands often, I’ll bet after the past year you are now! Pay attention to disinfecting frequently-used objects and surfaces, and practice food safety.
Put these 8 basic behaviors into practice and help your immune system function at a high level!
We’ve talked about posture and boosting your immune system and you might be wondering how this fits in to the personal development theme. The personal development umbrella covers our whole life, our whole being, and if our being displays poor posture and has an immune system that’s not functioning at its best, we need to address these challenges.
Going forward and developing into our best possible selves requires taking WHOLE-istic approach!
Enjoy April, and may the April showers bring about a glorious abundance of flowers!
Comments are closed.